Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sabbath Moments



Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to join us and share your Sabbath moment(s) on Saturdays.  Visit Colleen at Thoughts On Grace for more information and thoughts from others on Sabbath Moments.

My contribution is below.

This is really not necesarily what one would go through on an ordinary day...and maybe others have had this same type of experience during similar circumstances....my Sabbath Moment happened during the time spent at the funeral home following my brother-in-law, Sam's passing.

My husband and I were not really concerned about his eternal fate.  We had done what we needed...we had called our priest.  Sam received absolution and the anointing of the sick, through the infinite love and mercy of our awesome God his eternal destiny is guaranteed...he will enter Heaven and praise God forever with all the angels and saints, and we will see him again.

What was so deeply impressed upon me is the present moment.  The present moment is really all we are sure of.  In the present moment we must be sure we are in union with God's will for us.  Is it God's will that I am sitting here at this present moment typing these words and thoughts so others can read and possibly benefit from them?  I think so.

In this present moment how can we be Christ to the world...our world...our employer and fellow employees...our family and friends? 

It seems to me the most important thing we can do at this present moment where ever we are and who ever we are with...is to give of ourselves...to empty ourselves for love of God and for love of  neighbor.

This present moment is a gift God has given us and if we are going to be in union with God, we must give this present moment back to God and His children.

1 comment:

Mary N. said...

Patty,
I enjoyed your post immensely. The present moment is something I think about often. It is God's gift to us and I try to use it wisely. Your thoughts on your brother-in-laws passing were beautiful to read and I will pray for the repose of his soul:) God bless you and thank you for sharing this moment with us!

The comment on Lent that you left on my site was great :) Food for thought.