Sunday, February 14, 2010

My 2010 Lenten Plan



Prayer - I will pray the Stations of the Cross each Friday.

Fasting - I will have meatless Wednesdays in addition to meatless Fridays. I will be blogging on Friday, Saturday and Sunday only; on all other days my time on the internet and e-mail will be limited to work hours.

Almsgiving - I will be giving the "stuff" from the 40 Day Plan below to the St. Vincent de Paul Society.

40 Day Plan - Each of the 40 days of Lent, I will be going through one box, bag, shelf, drawer, area, etc and cleaning, organizing, and giving away or recycling the "stuff" I do not need.

Wednesdays - Holy Rosary's Spaghetti and Spirituality Speaker Series.

Fridays - St. Ann's Way of the Cross and Pro-Life Speaker Series.

40 Hours Devotion - Holy Rosary, March 8-10

Lenten Meditations with Saint Pio of Pietrelcina, from Liguori

Participation in all Masses and devotions of Holy Week

3 comments:

Marie said...

I love your meatless Wednesdays and your 40 days of donating things you don't need. The Wednesday and Friday speaker series also sound wonderful. Great plans!

Adrienne said...

Patty - Your plan sounds wonderful!

Please forgive me for not having emailed you yet. Our older doggie has been getting progressively sicker since Elle died 6 weeks ago. Sophie died today.

We will bury her tomorrow with Elle's ashes. They were such buddies in life and now they will be buried together.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

I love the name of your blog. I have a special heart for those who have left the Church as well. I love conversion stories, even though I am a cradle Catholic. Thanks for following my blog! It was fun to see you there today. Blessings to you this Lent! Roxane@Peace Garden Mama