Saturday, February 6, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday - Friday 2/5/10


 
JMJ
 Jen from Conversion Diary hosts 7 Quick Takes each week. Stop over there to read what others are saying. 

++ 1 ++

My brother-in-law Sam has been on my mind almost constantly since returning home from the March for Life. The morning after my late night arrival home my husband gave me the news.....Sam's lingering pneumonia had given way to a diagnosis of end stage lung cancer. Quite a drastic change from a month ago when he was bowling in 4-5 leagues a week along with working part-time. I ask that all my friends in the blogging world keep him, my nieces and nephews and my husband in prayer.

++ 2 ++

My husband and I met today with our youngest son Corey, our niece Kashara, her boyfriend Shay and Janet, my sister and Kashara's mom...for lunch to celebrate Kashara's birthday (2-1). We went to a place called Charbono's; a very nice restuarant, yet reasonably priced.  Most of us ordered the Linguini Charbono which is a mix of shrimp, crab and lobster in a yummy pepper, pesto cream sauce served over linguini. Janet got a roasted chicken salad sandwich. It was served on what looked like a croisant but shaped like a hoagie bun, with colby-jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoe and mayonnaise. Kevin got a 5 cheese pesto pizza...he shared a piece with me and it was very good. Our good food was mingled with good conversation which ended far too soon due to weather and work hours. 
++ 3 ++

I am busy planning our Superbowl Party.  Well I should probably not call it a party, it will consist of 2 party participants, my husband Kevin and myself. But I am putting together some special foods anyway.  As you can see from the picture below we are rather committed Colts fans.

The following is a recipe which I plan on serving, is posted on the Son Rise Morning Show blog and comes from Rita Heikenfeld. Find more great Super Bowl recipes at abouteating.com.

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes (or you can soften it and cover entire bottom of dish)
2 cups cooked chicken (a store-bought rotisserie chicken works best), shredded
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce or less to taste
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 300°F. Spread cheese in an 8x8" dish or pie plate. Combine the shredded chicken, wing sauce and butter, and pour over the cream cheese-filled dish or pie plate. Top with just enough blue cheese dressing and mozzarella cheese to cover (adding too much cheese will cause a thick skin to form that will make eating the dip difficult once the cheese cools). Heat the dip in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve with Scoops (Tortillas or Fritos), celery sticks, etc. alongside for dipping. Serves 8. 

In honor of our Indianapolis Colts, Archbishop Daniel has proclaimed Superbowl Monday, February 8; a day off for all Catholic Schools within the Archdiocese and the Archbishop O'Meara Catholic Center.

++ 4 ++ 

We are having a winter storm here in Indy. Our forecast RIGHT NOW:  Moderate and even heavy snow continues across Central Indiana from now through the overnight hours.  We could see snowfall rate range from a half an inch even up to an inch in some spots. We already have had up to 5″ of snow in downtown.  Not only is the snow a concern but so will the blowing and drifting snow. North of Indianapolis, the snow is not as wet and more powdery so it is blowing and drifting and even causing whiteout conditions. As the temperatures drop below 32º some of the slush that was on the roads from this afternoon could freeze over and make things pretty slick out there. We are expecting a total snowfall amount of 8-10 inches.

Burrr....it's cold and blowing out there.

++ 5 ++

Now that the activities surrounding the anniversary of Roe-v-Wade are over my focus at the Pro-Life Office will begin to involve the.........

       Indianapolis Archdiocesan Office for Pro-Life Ministry
Sanctity of Life Dinner
Jill Stanek our featured speaker
Thursday April 22, 2010 

Riverwalk Banquet Center
6729 Westfield Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 

                  6 p.m. -  registration and cash bar
                                           7-9 p.m. - dinner and awards 

++ 6 ++
Something that just popped into my head, which I am very excited about.  My husband and I are going to Cincinnati July 17, to see Father Corapi and then on July 20-22 we are going on a 3 day pilgrimage with a number of other folks to visit the Shrine of Our lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse Wisconsin. I have been wanting to do this for quite awhile now and finally our friend Norbert organized a trip by motor coach with Monsignor Schaedel as spiritual director. It should be a very memorable trip.

++ 7 ++
I cannot think of anything else that is pressing at the moment.  My brain is way too tired right now. So this will have to do until next week...God willing, a little earlier time.

No comments: