Sunday, April 11, 2010

Divine Mercy Celebration in Indianapolis


Our Lord's words to St. Faustina regarding His image
 
Our Lord speaks:
"Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: Jesus, I trust in You. I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and then throughout the world." "I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not parish. I promise victory over its enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death, I Myself will defend it as My own glory." (Diary of St. Faustina, #47 & #48)

"I am the King of Mercy . . . I desire that this image be displayed in public on the first Sunday after Easter. That Sunday is the Feast of Mercy." (Diary of St. Faustina #88)

"I want this image . . . to be solemnly blessed on the first Sunday after Easter, that Sunday is to be the Feast of Mercy." (Diary of St. Faustina #49) 

Divine Mercy Sunday will be celebrated today by Monsignor Joseph F. Schaedel, V.G. at St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church in Indianapolis. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be from 2:00-3:00 P.M. with the Divine Mercy Celebration and recitation of the Divine Mercy Chaplet following.

No comments: